Monday 17 October 2011

Q3) 3. If life is so short why do we do some many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do?

This is a question I ask myself all the time.

I wish I had more time to do things I enjoy- like crafts, travelling, exploring, reading, spending time with my friends, seeing my family,gigs,mooching, walking- having a relaxing bath even!

and there are so many things I'd love to learn to do:
knitting, ballet, pottery, running for a simple start!

I'd love to even just have time to get my hair done. or paint my nails. or change my windscreen wipers!

but thats what it comes down to I suppose- Time.

Time is worth money, and unless you're very very lucky you'll probably not have a job that meets your personal hobbies.
I love my jobs! I really do. but it's no substitute for having an amazing time doing something I adore- seeing new things, learning new things- seeing people who mean the world to me.

but then, would we love the things we do outside of work as much if they were less of a commodity?
if we could do them all the time?

probably not.

and if I did all the things on my "to do" list, i'd only add more- we'll never be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment