Sunday 11 December 2011

33 hours in Berlin

I had a wonderful time in Berlin with Hayley (Thank you very much for having me!) this is a selection of photos of things that we managed to do- I can't believe how much we did!
my thighs hurt so much from walking!
I landed at 11pm on friday night and my flight left Berlin at 8am on sunday morning. I've managed to stain one of my green boots (NOT wellies) with mulled wine from the xmas markets as a souvenir!


We  went straight out from the airport for a drink in east berlin. this bar is soo cool, it looks like someones house- all cozy sofas and a curtain to keep the draft out over the door! they have a cocktail of the day and a lush menu- of very alcoholic cocktails! yummy..this is a white russian..it didn't last long.


soo..after our one drink has turned into a massive mooch round eastern berlin, and a look round the warehouse club area- where the busses with eyes live..and our adventure to the kebab shop "it's ok, respectable people eat kebabas in Berlin..like for lunch and stuff"...we found one of berlins famous photo machines..so we too advantage. whilst we were waiting the 4 min for the 70s beauty to work its magic we made a new friend.

he tried to sell us MDMA. then take us clubbing.
we politely declined both generous offers and ran away.


Our Beautiful 3:30am photos- with our Kebebas in silver foil. oh yes.


Hayley's appartment building in West Berlin. it's lush with a big wooden spirally staircase and a 40s looking cage lift. that we left well alone..


5 storey Vintage and charity shop in east berlin! yay!


A sausage seller man! "IF he fell over, do you think he'd grill himself?"


Soviet TV tower.



Reichtag- its orange because its facing a sunset, before anyone starts!


Arcges, tree, protest. yes.


The holocaust memorial. its eerie in between the stones. Hayley only recently visited a concentration camp really recently which prompted some interesting discussion. the camps are kept exactly how they were left. I'm not sure I'd be able to visit one. the stones were sad enough.


Santas on motorbikes! loads of them!


The berlin wall.


Tall view! oh yeah! this was freezing and a bit scary! I took lots and lots of photos, we went up as the sun was setting and the views were ever so stunning. the building had the fastest lift in europe! I think I left my stomach at the bottom!


Charolttenberg christmas market and castle.


Sushi dinner in Charlottenberg! yummy!


Spandeau christmas markey- we had mulled wine and we had FREE sausages in bread! winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment