Sunday 5 June 2011

Brownie pack holiday

I've survied!
we took 13 brownies to Cae Glas house. It was exhausting. alice in womnderland theme weekend and I was the cheshire cat (because I"m such a smiler, yes, thank you steph).

point 1 to note about Cae Glas- its IMPOSSIBLE to find, no sat nav, no proper post code, just in the middle of nowhere down a track.

Point 2- It backs onto the natural burial ground.

(Point 3- not the place to be if there is a zombie appocolipe, you'd be fucked)

anywho, the kids didn't notice the "burial ground" signs so theyre all like "can we go into that forest? haha, nah. they kept trying to scale the fence and get in there! thankfully they didn't mange it. the barbed wired put them off a little.

so friday evening was just settling in and letting them run round untill they looked worn out. sent them off to bed, waited a bit, took ourselves off to bed. got to 2am and they're still running up and down screaming. then, quiet.
so, I put my head down to go to sleep, and I Hear *Bump* so I'm thinking "maybe someone fell out of bed?" and waiting for them to start to cry or someone to come running to get a leader for a bumped arm/leg/head or a plaster..and nothing.
then *bump* *bump*  *bump* (by this point im expecting a zombie uprising)

So, at this point I decided to do what any blone woman would do in a horror movie- I got out of bed, in the dark, unarmed and bravely marched towards the source of the scary noise.

ROPE SKIPPING.
3am.

that was not what I was expecting.

Day 2 we made crafts and we had a bit of a party, which we made jam tarts for, and since the weather was ace we decided to have a camp fire and toast marshmallows etc. so we took the brownies on a "stick collecting" walk. only one stick-to-the-face related injury.
sooo whilst they're having their dinner and watching the alice in wonderland film we set about building and lighting the fire.
Jen and Lou hit me with a dead tree.
I have welts on my arm from the experience, more than 24 hours later.
it was an impressive tree tho.
and an impressive fire!

day 3 was crafts and tidying and prizes.

all in all a good and exhautsing weekend- is it bedtime yet?

I have school in the morning! O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment