Sunday 6 November 2011

Allotment


My wife, clearing up all the twiggy bits.


this is the bit I've been working on- the front is onions, behind that in the tub are herbs- I've tubbed them to stop them spreading like crazy, and that stick-looking thing is a raspberry bush so hopefully I'll have some fruit in summer! round the herb tup I've also planted some daffodils, so that'll be cheery in spring!


Traffs handiwork on the other side of the allotment- he was determined to have a conifer. and he's planted it very randomly, but he seems happy. behind the conifer I planted some more onions since the ground was dug, but we didn't have any plastic to cover it with (see photo below).

Traff appears to have been building a fort- banking up the sides of his flower beds. 





Traffs fort and conifer tree. we dug the front of the allotment and planted more daffodils so they'll be pretty in the spring.


ALL of todays work- my bit on the left and traffs on the right and the daffoldils along the front- we have a long way to go yet, but you have to admit- this is a massive improvement on last time (the photos are in last month if you don't believe me!).

I have all the cloned plants from school to plant in spring, and I'm going to plant some pumpkin seeds too! :D

We're planning to leave the center of the allotment as a lawn and just digging beds round the outside for plants, fruits and veggies- since we don't have a garden so we can enjoy the summer when it comes- somewhere for BBQs and chilling out, so all this hard work will be worth it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment